The Blomdahl Medical Ear Piercing System is available exclusively to medical professionals.
Many families want to be pierced in the privacy of an exam room by a competent professional.
Our medical technology applied to the ear piercing process, along with the dignity and privacy of a physician’s exam room is what defines “medical ear piercing”
Mall stores, kiosks, body piercing and tattoo shops are not the cleanest or safest place for this procedure.
Getting your child’s ears pierced can be an emotional experience, and it’s important for your family to feel connected and supported at every stage of their development.
We hope that getting your child’s ears pierced is an easy and stress-free experience.
Traditional ear piercing guns present a genuine health hazard. They can easily transmit blood-borne viruses. The danger is so real that most European countries have banned these instruments. Unfortunately, they are still legal and widely available in the USA. Our system uses single-use, disposable cassettes that eliminate the chance of transmission.
3-4% of the population is born with nickel sensitivity, and 20-25% of people with pierced ears develop some level of nickel allergy/sensitivity. Ear piercing and earrings can cause this condition. The Blomdahl system eliminates this risk by using medical grade ear piercing studs. We also have a complete line of hypoallergenic earrings. This is an enormous safety benefit to you and your children..
Getting your ears pierced is a easy and simple process, before your appointment:
1. Be sure to wash your hands with soap and water.
2. Wear a clean shirt or blouse. No make-up, perfume or lotions on the skin around your ears or on the lobes.
3. If you have long hair, pull it back away from the ears with a clip or tie it back in a ponytail. This will help keep any hairs out of the way while the piercer is working on your earlobes.
4. If you’re using earrings that have been worn before, clean them thoroughly with rubbing alcohol and let them air dry completely before putting them into your new piercing holes (this will prevent infection).
5. Wearing fresh jewelry instead of old ones will help prevent infection from occurring in the new piercings because they will have no bacteria on them from previous use (which could cause an infection).